Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Scoobie Noobie

kyle at standard level
Default Soon to be MY07/08 Lib GT Spec B owner (hopefully!)

Hi all

My name's Kyle and I've been a member for over a year now... well really lurking for that long.

I first signed up when I was looking to buy my second car as my first car (1992 Nissan Silvia Qs SR20DE) was written off in an accident (not my fault!). Bascially insurance didn't want to fix it, so I bought the wreck off them for $1000 and then sold it for $2000! Was happy about that!

I was looking for a RX Liberty, however, it was about of my budget so I went for a 1994 Honda Integra VTI-R. This car caused me many problems, so I got rid of it only after 3 months. I was then looking for a Liberty again, but couldn't find a good deal so I ended up with a 2006 BF Ford Falcon Futura. It's a good car, but damn boring!!!

I am now correcting all I have done wrong in terms of cars ! Basically, I'm in my final semester of Uni and for a graduation present im getting myself a MY07/08 Lib GT Spec B manual. I really miss manual cars so I can't wait to get this! I've been looking at many Liberty forums and reviews and the GT Spec B seems to be a great car.

I have a meeting with Autopia (car lease place) who are going to formalize everything on Thursday. I've been offered a graduate position at HBOSA IT (Bankwest), so I should probly thank them for this. I will hopefully be in a new ride in December... so long to wait tho !

Perth-WRX seems to be a great community and I hope all of you are ready to accept another lib owner (American Dave... I LOVE your car!!!)

Cheers guys, look forward to being more active
Kyle
Old 16-09-2008, 08:32 PM
STI Master

wannabox at standard level

Nice mate sounds good. What are you doing up at WankBest? Dev?

"Usually. Some guys can only dribble while others can shoot three pointers, so it might not make any difference how far they shoot. But in my case, it does."
Old 16-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Scoobie Noobie

kyle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabox
Nice mate sounds good. What are you doing up at WankBest? Dev?
It's a grad position within infrastructure. There will be 4 rotations in something like security, networking, desktop support, servers etc. Hasn't been finalized yet, but their offer was the best all round.

My degree is a Bachelor of Information Technology majoring in Security and Networking so hopefully I will end in one of those fields
Old 16-09-2008, 08:40 PM
STI Master

wannabox at standard level

Ahh ok sounds good, at least you finished :P I did half and started working.

Good luck with the car, see you out cruising some time.

"Usually. Some guys can only dribble while others can shoot three pointers, so it might not make any difference how far they shoot. But in my case, it does."
Old 16-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Scoobie Noobie

vitagen at standard level

hey i just got my lib gt about 3 wks ago and I LOVE IT, you have made a good choice, if you arent going to travel many KM don't get it leased, instead get a HP agreement with stratton finance.

i worked it out and mcmillan shakespere wanted to take out ~$1700 out of my pay cheque every month for the lease agreement based on a 2007 GTB for $40,000, and that would be probably 1/2 - > 2/3 of your graduate income.... take some time and do some sums first before you commit to the lease agreement.

but its worth every dollar ive spent, but dear god it drinks a shitload of petrol!
Old 16-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

swift at standard level

Nice work with the graduate position and certainly a great choice in car if you follow through. Be careful with finance companies!
Old 17-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Scoobie Noobie

kyle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabox
Ahh ok sounds good, at least you finished :P I did half and started working.
I was close to doing this, however, I was able to hold out but thank god its nearly over!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitagen
hey i just got my lib gt about 3 wks ago and I LOVE IT, you have made a good choice, if you arent going to travel many KM don't get it leased, instead get a HP agreement with stratton finance.

i worked it out and mcmillan shakespere wanted to take out ~$1700 out of my pay cheque every month for the lease agreement based on a 2007 GTB for $40,000, and that would be probably 1/2 - > 2/3 of your graduate income.... take some time and do some sums first before you commit to the lease agreement.

but its worth every dollar ive spent, but dear god it drinks a shitload of petrol!
I rekon I will do between 10-15000kms per year. Rough estimates suggest with Autopia this will be $1000 per month. This is based on what someone else is getting, however, I will get exact figure on Thursday.

$1700 is really steep! I worked out I could finance it and pay for all car costs for about $1500-$1600 a month. I will make sure that I budget a lot for 98RON

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift
Nice work with the graduate position and certainly a great choice in car if you follow through. Be careful with finance companies!
Thanks! Yeah i know what to look out for, been doing a lot of homework. I have a spreadsheet with many options including keeping current car, taking loan with different places and also leasing.

So far it looks like in three years time, I would have spent $5000-$10000 more if I get a liberty compared to keeping the Ford... excluding mods . However, I get a much nicer car which I will enjoy to drive
Old 17-09-2008, 07:50 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Welcome aboard Kyle, congrats on the new job and car. I use Autopia for my novated lease on my Lib and recommend them highly. Enjoy and see you on the roads.
Old 17-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Sir AntiLag

Jim621 at standard level

Hey mate, congrats on finishing uni....

I would wait till you get your job and start spending like a person with an income...
I could live on like $50 a week when i was at uni, now im spending like $300 just for food and transport......and im not sure where it goes

Good luck with the Lib
Old 20-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Scoobie Noobie

kyle at standard level

I spoke to Matt at Autopia and its all good

We spoke about budgets etc and it looks like I can quite easily manage. I just hope if Bankwest get bought out they don't decide to ditch the grads

Anyways, time to look out for a car. So far have set up auto alerts on Carsales and Autotrader to email me when a Perth dealer gets a Manual Gen4 GT Spec B Liberty Under $50000 (which I hope to then get down to $44000 which is my budget). Also spoken to a guy at Subaru Osborne Park who said he will call me if one comes in, I highly doubt this though.

I'm in no rush, however, I would like one before Christmas

Tags
gt, lib, my07 or 08, owner, spec