View Single Post
Old 15-02-2006, 12:44 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

05wgn at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_OwNeD
go to midland, they arent too busy and they aint too bad there. though in saying that, the guys that do the inspections tend to swap centres from time to time. welcome and good luck with the car
I got done for a noisy BOV...mine was full atmospheric though
This nice traffic officer did say that if i could make it "seem" close to silent he would let me off. Its the noise that is alarming and distracting he said is why you cant have them...hinting that "some" are adjustable and "read between the lines". No noise=No work order.
The traffic cop also tested my tint saying if it was "close" he would let me off too. Did I mention this guy was nice ... and explained EVERYTHING to me? Rare huh? All the different mods i could do and how much i could lower the car and how it would change the handling (also telling me not to chop springs and to go to Wilkinsons for a "proper" job).
Fitted factory BOV, went to Midland with advice from Tenagah. Midland pits test drove the car, went over the whole thing, asked a few questions, tested my tint and I was outta there. They said NOTHING about my full 3" system or Apexi Pod kit!!!

Pulled over 3.5 weeks later by D***Head motorcycle cop for noisy exhaust and tint. Flat out said i was lying about having my car in the pits, took PHOTOS of my car for EVIDENCE (WTF!!!). Also told me he would look for me again to make sure I hadnt refitted parts. Got to midland, they recognised me and told me to get money back for mod permit and pit fee. They wrote a formal complaint via email to the warwick traffic cop. They got even more pissed when I told them about the photos. Aparently this guys NEEDS evidence cos people take him to court and his integrity is in question.

They signed and dated my work order and told me to keep it in the car.

sorry about the novel.