View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 09:41 AM
STI Master

baylee at standard level

If it went on the back of a semi, more than likely it was forked on or off... Sorry Dan, but have personally seen various "general freight' companies back load cars in this way and would advise not to use this unless you are 100% certain its ramped on and off.. However, there are always the exceptions. But for heading to Karratha, a car carrier is best, as they don't always fill a truck, general freight companies will ALWAYS fill a truck to Karratha.

For cheap - patricks, no paperwork in the name of pre-damage - post damage report...
For good Service - Mansells - Aussie car Carriers.

Patricks took a car from Karratha to Broome for me, had to leave the keys in the exhaust out in the LIA (close to dodgy accommodation for those who know Karratha) for the driver to pick up at about 3am in the morning. With no insurance against theft from patricks, at my own risk.

have used both when transporting company cars and my own car to Karratha and back again.

Depending on the above, expect to pay $500ish for Patricks and up to $1000 depending on the car obviously for a reliable carrier with damage report.

My 2 cents worth anyway.