View Single Post
Old 21-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by q2cmy00
35 psi. i was told to get a hks evc by allstar. 2 stage electronic controller. nice display too. i wouldnt wind the boost up at all with out checking the air/fuel ratio. i have the same engine as you and i am expecting 16-18 psi when tuned
35psi? like fuck you can!!

q2cmy00: Don't talk shit that could cost someone their engine, ya tool!

Without a retune 18.5 psi is max safe (which is stock boost actually). Only retune option for 99-00 sti is an ecutek or stand alone ecu (link, Autronic etc).

Don't even bother with with a boost controller until you have done supporting mods (i.e fuel pump, exhaust, CAI etc).

Factory control is fine (and the safer option) until you fit a bigger or modded turbo.

Plenty of V5 Sti's were going boom with factory 18.5 psi boost limit when first released, due to excessive timing in the factory mapping. V6 were tuned less agressively timing wise but run the same boost targets.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 21-02-2009 at 06:24 PM.