View Single Post
Old 23-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

In regard to the story, not the 112 thing although it's true.

Last year I had an incident on Hepburn ave in hillaries that was a little scary.

I was driving my old 98 wrx. I turned left off Marmion ave on to Hepburn, heading towards the Marina. I gave it a 'little' as I cornered onto hepburn, nothing major just a squirt in 2nd.

about 30 seconds later a car came belting up my ass, yep blue and reds on the dash (D style) flashing but no siren.

I slowed to pull over, but noticed it was a silver VT wagon. Hmm.....Mr PLOD has No VT's anymore...... So I figure something suss was going to happen (carjack?) and booted it into the back streets, the commie followed but I lost it after a couple of turns.

I rang the real cops on my mobile from the BP in Padbury and reported it as an attempted carjack.

Just as I hung up the VT pulled into the servo, the lightbox still on the dash. there were 4 youngish guys in it. I called the cops again, gave them the rego and a patrol car turned up within a couple of minutes (I stayed inside the servo).

I gave a statement on the spot and was informed that they had been doing this for a couple of weeks, I was the third that night and apparently they were getting bolder each time. the driver was eventually charged with impersonating a public officer.

I now drive with the doors locked just in case.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]