Thread: 05 peanut WRX
View Single Post
Old 20-06-2009, 05:48 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Tommosaurus at standard level
Default 05 peanut WRX

After a few random posts here and there, I thought I would introduce myself.

I'm Tom. I'm an impulse buyer.

I bought a completely stock 05 WRX on impulse last year.
Like most of my impulse decisions, this one has come back to bite me on the ass (financially). However, slinging this car in to a corner and have it glyde round as effortless as a fat kid eating marshmallows seems to ease my economic burden.

What beautiful pieces of machinery these are. I feel like I have been converted for life.

The car has just reached the 100,000km mark, which is distressing as I have done 30,000kms in the last 8 months (been using the car for work - seems stupid but it makes my job more interesting) but it's time to get a bunky and leave the WRX for playtime.
I see in a lot of the sales around here, people use under 100k as benchmark for selling.
I don't know if people can tell me their experiences with their vehicles that have done this much traveling.
Am I going to start to get a lot of problems?
The car runs smoothly for the moment so fingers crossed.

The main reason for me joining this forum is to tap in to the vast amount of knowledge on here. I don't know shit about WRX's, and I don't know shit about cars in general, but I wan't to learn.
So I apologise in advance for my daft questions.

If anyone can suggest some cheap and simple mods to start off with it would be much appreciated.

Mods so far:

3" Butler TBE
18 x 7.5 Koya Inox R1's
Lovell Springs
Fog light covers
And a fully sick momo gear knob (which gave me the shits for the first week, but because of the price I persevered and now it's awesome)