View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
I would disagree with most of these comments.

Bouncing a 180kph limited Aus Spec V5 STi off the speed limiter around a track accounted for many a premature death. I thought the power cut came as a SA knee jerk reaction to limit liability.
Even in japan the default v5/6 pistons were 'semi' forged...... unless the check box for 'motorsport' forged pistons was ticked at the time of ordering.

Australia was the only market where factory fitment of forged occurred for the STI V6.... Purley for Subaru Aus to 'save face' after several v5 engine failures and durability issues.

Version 5's arrived here with the full 100 octane jap tune...... on hot day they'd ping on our 95 at the time, the ecu couldn't pull enough timing to prevent it......Hence there was a dealer supplied re-flash to drop the base timing values and taper the high rpm boost off faster.

V6 has vf28 or 29 (mine has a 29, same as a 28 with minor inducer design change).
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]