Thread: Plug problem?
View Single Post
Old 22-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Mate the plugs are not too hare once you get in there. I found there was only 1 way to get to the passenger side 2 plugs from the top of the engine bay (fitting your arms in).

Backside passenger plug: For the backside plug i went from the firewall inwards, basically hovering over the fuel filter with a 3"8 drive socket and a 5/8th socket (16mm) that was a deep socket, otherwise a normal socket will never fit over the plug head.

Frontside Passenger plug: went from the battery terminal in towards to engine, again using same drive and socket, had a fiddle around and eventually got it.

Frontside Driver plug: Easy, just take off the air filter, whilst this may not be nessesary, more room makes for a happier job. Crack it and rip her out.

Backsideside Driver plug: Again, fairly easy because theres more room to get at it, going in from near the turbo you should be able to get it out fairly easy.

Just remember to either label or seperate and remember where each lead goes to. Whilst they should only be long enough to go to each spark plug, i think the driver side can get confused. Get them confused and your car will miss fire the wrong chambers id assume.

Eric