View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 10:13 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

woobla at standard level
Default Bad WRX day. Pays to be with RAC

Hi guys.

Just sharing with you my bad day, and first major hiccup with the new car (1998 WRX). So started a new job today, as I am on my way home (1 minute of driving) I notice that the check engine light is on. So fearing immediate damage, I pulled over straight away. Turned off car checked all fluids, all was ok.. filled the radiator reservoir with a little de mineralised water to top it up. Start it up again and engine light still there, plus now making a loud whirring noise.

So I check again under the car and I see this dirty brown liquid thinking some type of oil. I instantly panic and think fuck bought a lemon and the engine has a nice big hole in it. So I call Jim Hall (great bloke) who advised to bring it to his shop. I call the RAC and they come out to have a look at it, and he got me to start engine, as he was filling up the radiator we notice that it eats 3L of water and pisses it all out the bottom onto the ground ( I did not notice this before). So looks like it was just either a faulty cooling line or something similar (not the engine block I was thinking). So anyway tow truck is called and I get a lift with the car back to my house. From Midland to Fremantle on the back of a flatbed. Over 40 Km's. Plus tomorrow morning they are going to come around again and take it all the way from Freo up to Jim hall's workshop in Wangara and drop it off for me along with the keys. All for free as part of my 'Classic' package which cost about $178 a year compared to the standard cover which gives you only 1 free 20km tow for about $140.00 a year. The 'classic' cover gives you 2 free tows at the same incident within 100KM. So I have already saved myself a potential about $1000 in tow truck fees alone!!!!!!.

Now if this isn't bloody fantastic service and value I don't know what is !!. So all of you trying to save a few penny's!!! get the classic it is sooo worth it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening. I like long winded stories, I hope you do too!.