View Single Post
Old 27-08-2009, 02:51 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

woobla at standard level
Default :( fuc*#$(@*#$ wrx!!!

So driving my WRX to work today.. no sign of any issues, look down at the dial cluster just as about to enter the free way, temperature gauge is THROUGH THE DAMN ROOF . Above high. I immediately smell coolant, and see steam rising through the bonnet. So I kill the engine straight away and pull onto the side of the road. Steam billows out and I wish it was smoke as at least the fucking thing would catch fire and burn to hell! (and hopefully covered in insurance) but no it doesn't its just steam.

So I let it sit for a minute and open the bonnet and see coolant everywhere. 1 hour sitting at the side of the road and waiting for the RAC (which I am getting to know the consultants by first name) and it is taken to the RAC service centre (which doesn't fill me with confidence) and they tell me to go home and will call me with the results.

SO what do you reckon? Cooked engine.. 5000+ PROBABLY!. This car has been nothing but issues since I baught it. Low miles + full service history really don't mean anything at all. Perhaps I just have had bad luck with the fucking thing and after this it will be as good as gold.

PRAY FOR ME I REALLY MEAN IT PLEASE PRAY that it is not a cooked engine. If it is not I will sell the thing as GOD is trying to tell me to buy a push bike instead. I simply cannot afford 5000+.