View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

jak at standard level

Two incidents for me:

Incident 1:
Several years ago, was driving west on Beach Rd in my RX-7 T2 - girlfriend in the passenger seat. Pulled up next to a late model Commodore. Driver was revving engine, enticing me to race. He took off, I didn't. This happened for about 3 sets of lights in a row. Finally, at the last set (turning right onto Marmion) I had enough, so I gunned the car. Only sped up to "86 kph" before the blue light came out of the commodore. "Why are you speeding - 86?"; "Why are you in the right hand lane?" he asks. "Why are you trying to race me?" I say. He lets me go with a caution and then lays a nice trail of rubber up the road as he drives away.

Incident 2:
Heading west on Reid Hwy, past Alexander Dve. Was midnight, with no one around except my mate in his VN and me in the same RX-7. We race down the hwy hitting 190 before suddenly my mate in the VN is on the skids. He then pulls of at Wanneroo Rd while I go straight. Thats when I notice the blue light. Turns out we had passed an unmarked police car sitting in the middle of the hwy under an overpass - I never even saw him, but my mate did - he saw the red light of the speed gun. The police car had to choose between us both - he chose me.

Long story short, he didnt get a reading in our speed as he tried to get me to admit to doing 140kph. I said I had no idea on my speed. He gave me a lecture (fair enough) and a $25 fine for racing another vehicle and 0 demerit points. I think I was lucky.

angstrom.com.au