Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Shane at standard level

Not a race but a little embarassing. Parked on a big gravel area next to the road and a cycleway talking to a mate on his pushbike. I was in my turbo liberty powered brumby. Finished talking so my mate said ' give it some shit '. So whats a fella to do? Nailed it and did a few decent drifts in the gravel with gravel dust everywhere! As I slowed to turn onto the road I heard someone yelling 'What the bloody hell do you think you are doing!?' As the dust started to clear I saw a 6 foot 6 MASSIVE local cop charging toward me on his pushbike! He was rather pissed I had showered him in gravel and dust, while my mate was watching (and laughing) at the whole thing! Along with a few other things, he told me to meet him at the station 2 days later. I went there on my lunch break and he was not there and I have never seen him again! Sorry Mr Plod!
Old 31-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Scoobie Noobie

BratUte at standard level
Send a message via MSN to BratUte

Raced a Ferrari just outside of Fremantle on Wednesday afternoon. The first set of lights on Canning Hwy next to the first bridge ...

Handed this guy his arse right Bathing in my glory for all of 10 seconds I look in the rear-view ... BLUE lights followed by a fine from Mr Plod

You would think that Mr Plod would of pulled over the Ferrari?
Old 31-03-2006, 11:57 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by BratUte
Raced a Ferrari just outside of Fremantle on Wednesday afternoon. The first set of lights on Canning Hwy next to the first bridge ...

Handed this guy his arse right Bathing in my glory for all of 10 seconds I look in the rear-view ... BLUE lights followed by a fine from Mr Plod

You would think that Mr Plod would of pulled over the Ferrari?
ahahah No. The Ferrari driver owns the cops
Old 01-04-2006, 12:36 AM
STI Master

Andy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Andy

my winning percentage is 100% seeing as ive only had one duel...

against a boonga vs commo with 6 people in it...but yeah, i chopped him good...even chirperd second.....sick! haahhhaha
Old 01-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Concept91

At the lights where mirrabooka ave and reid hwy. vs new xr6 ute
lights went green and we both launched it i started to pull awy and then damn bov leaked wen i went into 3rd.
and he just passes me easy...
damn hks ssq...

i got that all fixed nows so never happen again
Old 01-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Sir AntiLag

*Stockers* at standard level

Probably more funny at the time but yeh;
I was driving down the kenwick links (killer boost leaks so i dont give it much rpm) and this clubsport r8 comes up next to me and starts revving it with the handbrake on, bobbing up and down...
I thought it was only a stock commo (didnt have a very good look :S) so i gave it a little, thinking i'd smoothly go past him...Not quite, he went past rather fast.
Pulled up at the next lights and he's laughing at me. On goes the antilag and out come the flames. Guy sits at lights watching flames as i roll off.
Next set of lights he pulls up and winds down the window "You didnt really give it any did you?" I shook my head and smiled. "Good" he says "coz the lady wouldnt have been impressed if ud kicked my ass" pointing to the blonde in the passenger seat.

Hahaha, he wouldve smoked my ass anyway but hey, respect
Old 02-04-2006, 05:36 PM

jak at standard level

Two incidents for me:

Incident 1:
Several years ago, was driving west on Beach Rd in my RX-7 T2 - girlfriend in the passenger seat. Pulled up next to a late model Commodore. Driver was revving engine, enticing me to race. He took off, I didn't. This happened for about 3 sets of lights in a row. Finally, at the last set (turning right onto Marmion) I had enough, so I gunned the car. Only sped up to "86 kph" before the blue light came out of the commodore. "Why are you speeding - 86?"; "Why are you in the right hand lane?" he asks. "Why are you trying to race me?" I say. He lets me go with a caution and then lays a nice trail of rubber up the road as he drives away.

Incident 2:
Heading west on Reid Hwy, past Alexander Dve. Was midnight, with no one around except my mate in his VN and me in the same RX-7. We race down the hwy hitting 190 before suddenly my mate in the VN is on the skids. He then pulls of at Wanneroo Rd while I go straight. Thats when I notice the blue light. Turns out we had passed an unmarked police car sitting in the middle of the hwy under an overpass - I never even saw him, but my mate did - he saw the red light of the speed gun. The police car had to choose between us both - he chose me.

Long story short, he didnt get a reading in our speed as he tried to get me to admit to doing 140kph. I said I had no idea on my speed. He gave me a lecture (fair enough) and a $25 fine for racing another vehicle and 0 demerit points. I think I was lucky.

angstrom.com.au
Old 02-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

when i was in my Mazda mx6 last year, just after the hoon laws were introduced, i was driving down joondalup drive, and a black series 7 rx7 pulled up beside me at the lights and started givin it a rev. i looked over and thought there was no way i was gonna beat a rotary so i didnt even try, but as the lights went green he smoked off the line and burned up the road.

i was a little pissed off that i didnt drag, but disappointment turned to releif when about 3 cars back i saw the blue light go onto the roof a a vy commo and it whistle past me and pull over the rx7.

I drove past, and continued on my journey, when i went back past again about 1/2 hour later, the rx7 was on the back of a tow truck... i had a little chuckle
Old 02-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

OK Last night.

Going down mandurah road, going through the stupid road works at 9pm, 60km/h zone hah yeah right fuckers 100km for me!
Next minute undercover in a commode is right on my ass like so much so i can no longer see his headlights so i do the old pull the handbrake on slightly, the dude didnt like that too much to say the least, follows me for about another 3km turns on his lights and proceeds to pull me over, next minute this dude in an old ss commode passes the both of us at ludicrous speed, lights off, the copper pulls out from behind me and gives chase..

Whoever the commode driver is... thanks for saving me 40km/h over and probably getting a kick in the ass for the old handbrake trick to the cop!!
Old 04-04-2006, 11:20 PM

wados at standard level

Dont really know what you mean by "hand break trick". Do you mean hand break on slightly to light up your break lights? Dont think it works like that, I dont think hand break triggers break lights. Maybe im wrong

Tags
embarrassing, race