Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2006, 12:52 PM
STI Master

Miggidy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettata
One night coming home from work last year after midnight, I was speeding as I usually do because I just wanted to get to bed (after my tofu delivery ). At the time I drove an 86 toyota corolla and it had been raining quite heavily. I was going about 70 in a 60 zone, overtake a commodore, looked inside to see if it was undercover cops but couldn't tell so just kept going.
Got to the corner of broun and collier then turn into crimea st (where crimea street starts) and take it really fast as usual because it's just a fun corner. This commodore starts tailing me really close so I thought he wanted to go, so I speed up a little to about 75km/h (I'm in a corrolla, can't go much faster ) then all of a sudden I see the police lights come on and pullover.
Cop reckons I was going about 85 (*cough* bullshit *cough*), but didn't give me a ticket only a warning. I can only put it down to my excuse of "I just wanted to get home after working this late," and me wearing a tie.

Moral of the story: Don't speed past a commodore or speed up if a commodore is tailing you unless you are sure it's not a cop. I learnt my lesson
Oh yeah, overtook a cop and was done for 120 in a 60 zone, just wasn't paying attention. Undercover cop had no radar, did me for 87 as check speed. Took them to court and had it reduced to 73 in a 60 zone.

Gotta watch for those pursuit rims
Old 01-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Sir AntiLag

Narchi at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggidy
Oh yeah, overtook a cop and was done for 120 in a 60 zone, just wasn't paying attention. Undercover cop had no radar, did me for 87 as check speed. Took them to court and had it reduced to 73 in a 60 zone.

Gotta watch for those pursuit rims
yeah was on the freeway. Commy was doin speed limit and i was in a rush. Went into the middle lane and planted it. Notice pursuit rims n quickly backed off. Then car to my left flys past and the lights go on. Always look out for those rims.
Also from wat ive heard. Theres some guy who modifies rx3s and sells em off for next to nothing. Most of em go out 10s cars. Mr rx3 or something like that
Old 01-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Josh at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Josh

Narchi, can you please re-write your post in English?
Old 01-05-2006, 05:12 PM
STI Master

Shinobiken at standard level

i've seen cop pulled people over with the new toyota camry, no pursuit rims, nothing.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

I saw a cop car 20 minutes ago, completely unmarked SS dunnydoor red, with normal rims with 2 dudes wearing normal clothes, however the 50 antennas and speed measuring gear on the dash gave it away, but then when the magnetic blue light went on the roof that really gave it away
Couldnt believe how normal this car looked though, I would have been farked if it wasnt for my trusty Bel.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

i saw a cop pulled sum1 over on albany hwy once and they were in a bloody 4wd, cant remeber what model but i was like wtf? they use 4wd's now???
Old 01-05-2006, 07:26 PM
STI Master

Miggidy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr3naL1N
i saw a cop pulled sum1 over on albany hwy once and they were in a bloody 4wd, cant remeber what model but i was like wtf? they use 4wd's now???
Hey one of the guys was telling me about that the other day, he said a Nissan patrol pulle him over AFAIK some coppers have 4wds and I have seen some unmarked cars now with normal rims, but the aerials are hard to see sometimes.

My fucken bell just started coming up "Service Required" 18 moth old ebay job, suppose its had a good life for $350
Old 01-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

cant ya get them serviced?
Old 01-05-2006, 07:31 PM
MattyP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr3naL1N
Yeah I noticed that about a month ago. Was on the fwy and saw this black Patrol with two massive cops approaching a vechile they just pulled over. Then the other night on the freeway I saw blue & red lights flashing on the freeway and the car seemed to be driving through the road works. Maybe they've put them on the road coz they can hide them behind road work barriers ? :-/
Old 01-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

ive seen a blue and black patrol, both undercover vehicles, spotted them from the blue and red flashers mounted in the back window, can see them if you get close enough. Spotted them both on graham farmer too.

Tags
embarrassing, race