Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-03-2006, 10:49 AM
d_generate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoose
Sitting at the lights late one night 1am or so, few cars round decide fuck it, i'll just give it some shit, anyways take a quick gander at other car around nothing too sus, drop the clutch when it goes green, redline 2nd, bout 120 in 3rd then just strait into 5th start slowing down, suddenly realise that oh no, i forgot to look in the rear view, no sooner do a think that then those wonderfull blue and red lights turn on. I pull over and wind down my window to have the cop come right up and shout through my window, "What the FUCK where you thinking".
Classic.......Did you get booked?
Old 31-03-2006, 11:42 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

RedFox at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_generate
yeah i was thinking the same thing? what you get if anyting
Old 31-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DarkMoose at standard level

Basically, Gave me a few harsh words to what i answered 'yes officer' 'no officer', he had me clocked at over 120 in a 70 zone. Anyways, after a few more 'plesent' lines he takes a look around the car, comes back to the window and says "Lucky for you, i'm knocking off now, so piss off."

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_generate
Old 31-03-2006, 03:51 PM
d_generate

Quote:
Basically, Gave me a few harsh words to what i answered 'yes officer' 'no officer', he had me clocked at over 120 in a 70 zone. Anyways, after a few more 'plesent' lines he takes a look around the car, comes back to the window and says "Lucky for you, i'm knocking off now, so piss off."
Same thing happened to me about half an hour after I put the question to you, heading up Marmion Ave this morning & a school bus full of shits poking faces pull in front of me so I boot it around the bus, wait for another car to clear then boot it past the bus, hit about 130 pretty quickly, back off look in the mirror n there is a paddy wagon behind the cars I just passed so I slowed down real quick with the gears so no brake lights & he eventually gets behind me, follows for about half a K then LIGHTS ON "last time was 9 years ago" so I pulled over & he says I saw & heard you give it a welly full (pom) back there, really nice guy so he did the usual blow & licence check yacked a bit then he says goodbye, THANK FUCK he didnt look in the boot (NOS) & STI motor sitting in front where there should be a 2.2 auto.

Last edited by d_generate; 31-03-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old 31-03-2006, 04:08 PM
STI Master

Chrus at standard level

Quote:
Man - your lucky, could have ended in tears...
Old 31-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Sir AntiLag

scoobysix at standard level
Send a message via MSN to scoobysix

I don't race on the streets so I don't really have an embarrassing race but I do recall a particular incident that is quite unforgettable.

This was about 4 years ago I think, on my first night cruise with PWRX, heading southwards towards Brookton Hwy. I was driving an MY00 with nothing but TBE and EBC (at 1bar).

So driving in a single file along Albany Hwy at 70kmh with [WRXRW] breathing down my neck, I see [WRXRW] pulling out in the rear view mirror and booting it past me on the right with [EXPLICIT] right behind. I drop into 2nd and boot it as well. It hits redline in a sec so I hammer it into 3rd, flooring it again.

Now at this moment, [EXPLICIT] comes flying past me on my right, as if I was standing still. With my windows wound down, his Holinger straightcutbox was almost deafening as he flew past. I swear I thought I'd shifted into 5th by mistake, looked down at my tacho to check - I was at 6000rpm, yet both [WRXRW] and [EXPLICIT] both overtook me with the kinda acceleration that made me feel that I was going backwards.

Another memorable incident was courtesy of [STI TUNED], on another PWRX night cruise, this time through the polly pipe. This was also some time ago, I think about 3 years ago? Back then, antilag was still quite uncommon. So the whole pack of us are crammed into the polly pipe, I'm right smack behind [STI TUNED] with my gf carrying our puppy in the passenger seat when [STI TUNED] decided to commence with the fireworks, pop bang sizzle. I remember being quite excited and laffing my head off, while my puppy (aptly named Scoobie) was so frightened she was going crazy and scratched my gf (and some interior panels) up quite badly.

Scoobie never participated in anymore cruises after that.
Old 31-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysix
Another memorable incident was courtesy of [STI TUNED], on another PWRX night cruise, this time through the polly pipe. This was also some time ago, I think about 3 years ago? Back then, antilag was still quite uncommon. So the whole pack of us are crammed into the polly pipe, I'm right smack behind [STI TUNED] with my gf carrying our puppy in the passenger seat when [STI TUNED] decided to commence with the fireworks, pop bang sizzle. I remember being quite excited and laffing my head off, while my puppy (aptly named Scoobie) was so frightened she was going crazy and scratched my gf (and some interior panels) up quite badly.

Scoobie never participated in anymore cruises after that.

hahahah DAMN STREET RACERS!
Just dont have any respect for animals
Old 31-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Most memorable (for all the wrong reasons mind you) race began by chasing a mate down in his R33 and lining him up on some roads out in the middle of nowhere (but still a 60 zone..)....

Catch up to him and we were doing about 80kms when i pull onto the other side and we both NAIL it. A few seconds later and i see flashing blue lights in the mirror. I hit the skids immediately and pull over. Police catch up and go absolutely crazy (too be expected though). I got nailed for a fair few kms over (and they still under-estimated the speeds!!) and got done for 6pts and $350. My mate gave them some attitude and he copped a yellow and a dangerous driving charge or something. Lucky hoon laws werent around back then. I got done at 41+ over twice in 4 days...

Learnt some VALUABLE lessons that week... Lost a longterm girlfriend, had all sorts of problems with insurance / transport and discovered who my real mates are..

Time and a (safe) place for everything! Choose carefully thoug
Old 31-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

I knew these 2 guys who raced their HSV and Integra Type R from the motorplex back to mandurah at some absolutely STUPID speeds, they were both young and stupid at the time anyway they went down mand tce blew through a round a bout and even though it was their right of way it was late and this car which was intending to turn left got cut off by the two racers anyway it turned out to be a cop. Pulled them both over about 200m up the road asking who won the race, they both denied it, said to the 2 of them that he knew they were way over the limit through the round a bout but couldnt do a thing about it cos he didnt speed check them and let them off.

VERRRYY lucky!
Old 31-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

Back when I first bought the rex and wanted to drag everyone, there was one instance where I lined up next to a tiger eye VW Beetle (old school, not new model) nice paintwork, good looking car at intersection of south st and south tce in freo. Lights go green, I plant it off the line and by the other side of the lights this things on the limiter, chriping the tyres and completely chopped me!!

Found out later it was the owner of 'V-Dub Spares & Repairs' car with a twin turbo porsche motor apparently!!

2) On leach hwy heading to freo stopped at int of leach and carrington, little old capella pulls up next to me (at this stage I didnt know much about rotaries!), gives it a little bit of a rev while waiting for the lights to change, I look at my girlfriend and say "check out this dickhead, i'll f**k 'im up", GREEN and before i've hit the gas this dudes off doing a massive wheelstand with the front end about 5 foot off the ground.... BOY was I embarassed!!!

Josh

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me

Last edited by DEDLYWEPN; 31-03-2006 at 10:16 PM.

Tags
embarrassing, race