View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Scoobie Noobie

tcs242 at standard level
Thumbs down "P" Plate power restrictions??

Picked up a copy of the west today, front page was all about some changes they are wanting to bring in to P plater laws.
Government is wanting to bring in Power to weight ratios, similar to over east . This will not solve our problems!! When will they wake up and realise!??
Its about attitude and training - More complete training from day 1, and changing the attitude of our young drivers.

My suggestion is this. If a "P Plater" wants to own and drive a "high power vehicle", they should be made take a course/sit a test, IN ADDITION to the P plate practical test.
I know that if I had recieved more comprehensive training, BEFORE and AFTER gaining my P's, i would be a much better driver now.
I now own a WRX (best move of my life ), I am a 18 yo male, prime age risk person on the roads to cause/be in an accident. I feel safer in a WRX than any other car on the road.

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughs on the topic? Lets put our thinking caps on and come up with a suggestion that maybe might just save lives.!!!