View Single Post
Old 13-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

Im all for restricting p platers to what they can/cannot drive.
like many people before have said - if its good enough for the motorcyclists then why not us?

it scares me quite alot when i see most days are brand new VE SS utes all dolled up and p plates in the window. i hardly see any of these guys ( who are predominatly driving them) being remotely responsible. even in the daily crawl in traffic - its awesome to leave a massive gap and let everyone hear what your 6L of penis sounds like.

Attitude is the biggest thing that needs changing. I suffered from P plate courage - lucky i didnt have anything that was remotely fast ( 89 Magna with a wicked air horn)
because i would have killed myself in anything more. i didnt have experience and limited know how. i still dont drive what most people would regard as a fast car but i consider myself 100x better than what i was 8 years ago. after a bunch of skidpan days experience - im still not a great driver but i have a better understanding of driving & What happens when you push hard and throw unknowns into a situation on public roads.
i love it though - i was listening to 92.9 the other morning and they brought up this whole subject - had a 18yr old trev call in - he made the same "attitude needs to change" remark but was then asked by baz if he was in his car ( a 350 clubby) and baz pulled up beside him at the lights - would you race me. the trev replied with " hell yes i would". Game. Set. Match.

Restrict Bonehead trev p platers to make our roads safer and to help them see their 21st birthday

Last edited by Master D; 13-03-2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Spellling