View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 07:19 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

FEI-STi_REX at standard level
Default 2006 sti side mirror: Help me please!!!

Hi everyone,

Today I decided to drive to work as I had to visit a client after my shift and decided to park in CPP Roe Street Carpark.

As I walked back to my car 6 hours later, I hopped in and drove off not thinking anything... I did have a look at the car and saw nothing out of the ordinary.

Then as I drove down 2 or 3 levels I needed to check my [LEFT SIDE MIRROR] only to find that it had been shoved back COMPLETELY. (If you are all wondering what it looked like, basically the opposite of how an Import can fold their mirrors in).

I got out and had a look, tried to pop it back but it had already been broken. So after I touched it to collect the broken part underneath, all it does is flop around when I drive. I noticed that there were some punks that parked next to my car (Two asian guys and an asian girl, they were driving a Silver Subary Liberty around '06 or so model - And no I am not racist, I'm asian myself). Anyway, they parked next to me after I got out of my car and they were just staring at it strangely. I can only come to an assumption but will not accuse anyone of anything but they were acting a bit strange.

Anyway, I'm a bit devastated at the moment and I know it's quite minor as it's only a Side Mirror but I'm not here to complain, I would just like to know;

Is my mirror the same as an '01-'07 Impreza or would my Side Mirrors be only the same as the '06-'07 Impreza?

I have also searched and found that JWS and SubaruGenuineParts are places I should search for the spare part but is there anyone else anyone here would recommend?

I have already gone on both their websites but have found nothing so I will contact them tomorrow to speak to them personally but if anyone can offer any help on the forum that would be greatly appreciated as I'm on here reading quite often.

If anyone would like to offer help directly you can do so on my mobile too - 0434 376 xxx like if you're selling one or know someone who's wrecking etc.

Look forward to seeing the assistance you all have to offer, thanks heaps for reading.

Andrew

P.S: Does anyone know if such a carpark would have CCTV on each level? (I was parked on level 5) as Shannons would insure without affecting my NCB as well as repair it for me without any excess as long as I have the details to the car that did the damage. That would save me heaps of stress.

Last edited by FEI-STi_REX; 16-09-2013 at 12:37 AM.