Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 07:19 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

FEI-STi_REX at standard level
Default 2006 sti side mirror: Help me please!!!

Hi everyone,

Today I decided to drive to work as I had to visit a client after my shift and decided to park in CPP Roe Street Carpark.

As I walked back to my car 6 hours later, I hopped in and drove off not thinking anything... I did have a look at the car and saw nothing out of the ordinary.

Then as I drove down 2 or 3 levels I needed to check my [LEFT SIDE MIRROR] only to find that it had been shoved back COMPLETELY. (If you are all wondering what it looked like, basically the opposite of how an Import can fold their mirrors in).

I got out and had a look, tried to pop it back but it had already been broken. So after I touched it to collect the broken part underneath, all it does is flop around when I drive. I noticed that there were some punks that parked next to my car (Two asian guys and an asian girl, they were driving a Silver Subary Liberty around '06 or so model - And no I am not racist, I'm asian myself). Anyway, they parked next to me after I got out of my car and they were just staring at it strangely. I can only come to an assumption but will not accuse anyone of anything but they were acting a bit strange.

Anyway, I'm a bit devastated at the moment and I know it's quite minor as it's only a Side Mirror but I'm not here to complain, I would just like to know;

Is my mirror the same as an '01-'07 Impreza or would my Side Mirrors be only the same as the '06-'07 Impreza?

I have also searched and found that JWS and SubaruGenuineParts are places I should search for the spare part but is there anyone else anyone here would recommend?

I have already gone on both their websites but have found nothing so I will contact them tomorrow to speak to them personally but if anyone can offer any help on the forum that would be greatly appreciated as I'm on here reading quite often.

If anyone would like to offer help directly you can do so on my mobile too - 0434 376 xxx like if you're selling one or know someone who's wrecking etc.

Look forward to seeing the assistance you all have to offer, thanks heaps for reading.

Andrew

P.S: Does anyone know if such a carpark would have CCTV on each level? (I was parked on level 5) as Shannons would insure without affecting my NCB as well as repair it for me without any excess as long as I have the details to the car that did the damage. That would save me heaps of stress.

Last edited by FEI-STi_REX; 16-09-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:28 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

zmk at standard level

Hey,

Similar thing happened to me, just a tad more extreme . A bunch of aboriginals were walking into my direction when I was entering a service station and one of them fly-kicked my driver side mirror off.

Because the colour of their skin grants them full immunity with the law I decided to not bother pursuing it.

I assume the actual 'coloured' bit of your mirror is still in tact and in one piece? ie. the only painted bit on the actual mirror. In my case only the part of the mirror that allows for it to fold in was broken.

What I did was go to a wrecker and they got me a complete mirror from a Forrester(i think it was a forrester) that came out around the same time as my car (MY06 WRX) which I scored for about $250. Then the panel on the mirror that has the body colour on it pops out so you can replace it if that bit with your existing mirror's colour if you don't get a colour match.

To replace the mirror you basically have to take off the door, undo a couple of screws + pull out the electronic mirror wires and you're set. I assume taking it to someone else to do might set you back a fortune and its not worth ruining your insurance no claim bonuses for it.

Have a bit of a search for some wreckers that may have something you're after, unless you just want to go for a new part. Because I felt violated by having my side mirror knocked of I didn't want to wait for someone to order one in for me etc etc especially because it happened the night before the Christmas break for me.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:31 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

zmk at standard level

The place where I got my mirror from: http://www.swanauto.com.au/swan_auto/

They have loads of subaru stuff.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmk View Post
To replace the mirror you basically have to take off the door, undo a couple of screws + pull out the electronic mirror wires and you're set.
Are you serious? Take off a door to replace a mirror?
There is a plastic cover, i think 3 phillips head screws and a connector...
Old 08-04-2010, 09:01 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

wrxsti at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmk View Post
Hey,

Similar thing happened to me, just a tad more extreme . A bunch of aboriginals were walking into my direction when I was entering a service station and one of them fly-kicked my driver side mirror off.

Because the colour of their skin grants them full immunity with the law I decided to not bother pursuing it.

I assume the actual 'coloured' bit of your mirror is still in tact and in one piece? ie. the only painted bit on the actual mirror. In my case only the part of the mirror that allows for it to fold in was broken.

What I did was go to a wrecker and they got me a complete mirror from a Forrester(i think it was a forrester) that came out around the same time as my car (MY06 WRX) which I scored for about $250. Then the panel on the mirror that has the body colour on it pops out so you can replace it if that bit with your existing mirror's colour if you don't get a colour match.

To replace the mirror you basically have to take off the door, undo a couple of screws + pull out the electronic mirror wires and you're set. I assume taking it to someone else to do might set you back a fortune and its not worth ruining your insurance no claim bonuses for it.

Have a bit of a search for some wreckers that may have something you're after, unless you just want to go for a new part. Because I felt violated by having my side mirror knocked of I didn't want to wait for someone to order one in for me etc etc especially because it happened the night before the Christmas break for me.
Freaking bungs!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:15 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

zmk at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX-REX View Post
Are you serious? Take off a door to replace a mirror?
There is a plastic cover, i think 3 phillips head screws and a connector...
My bad, I meant the inside of the door you have to clip out to get to the screws. The mirror screws in from inside the door.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:30 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

I might have a spare frame in the shed.

I'll check this weekend and let you know if you like?
Old 08-04-2010, 10:26 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

zmk at standard level

I'm guessing Jamie will have exactly what you need.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:47 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

sleepy1386 at standard level

Just make me mad reading what happened to u man. The only good thing for them is a bullet to the head... Argh !!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:03 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

FEI-STi_REX at standard level

Jamie, if you have a spare frame that would be awesome!!! A carton in exchange if you do, more than happy to provide few beers!!!

Tags
2006, mirror, side, sti