View Single Post
Old 29-04-2006, 08:47 PM
STI Master

Chrus at standard level
Default Bugeye trim-removal

Ive taken the door trims off my Bugeye a few times-mostly without breaking much....

Attached are some crummy pics with arrows trying to show the basic process...which i learnt the hard way

On the "Bug", front and rear doors are very similar in dissembly, though the rear door has a "expanding-thread plug" (which i didnt see the first time) on the end of the door. Essentially:

1) Remove both threads located under rubber covers in both the "door-hand-hold" and next to the internal door release lever.

2) After, remove both the actual housing of the hand-hold, and the outer plastic cover that surrounds the internal door release(use care with this one..)

3) Panel then pops forward off the metal structure of the door. Pop-revitts are located at even spacing around the outside of the door-cant remeber how many there are-but panel should just pull off...fingers crossed.

4) Once panel "pops" forward, you will need to lift it upwards, off the "pink" hook/guide thingees located up at the top of the door(see my pic)

5) Installation is reverse - NB, Wind windows down to put panel back on-otherwise you stamp your feet and swear quite a bit, throwing screwdrivers around...while you try to work out why the panel just wont flex like some woman that you've experienced...

Not sure about more recent models i.e., MY06-but i highly suspect that its a very similar process after looking in some of the other members rides....

Hope this helps...and if anybody has a more simple way of doing this i would like to know...

Cheers

Chris