View Single Post
Old 18-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Sir AntiLag

bumpstop at standard level

The MB Quart / German Maestro story can get confusing and long winded so I'll just give you a very short version.

MB Quart brand was bought by Maxxsonics and the production was moved out of Germany.
The old MB Quart factory and some of the old employees and engineers then began producing Maestro.
So MB Quart is not what it used to be, but neither is German Maestro.
They are both still reasonable product lines but just understand what you are buying.

The Rockford Fosgate T1652-s splits I would expect to be quite good performers, and at the price you have quoted I'd say that's a steal. I don't know what the local rrp on those is but the US MSRP is up around the US$450 mark.
I haven't had personal experience with a current model set of those splits so my comment is only based on experience with previous generations.

As some people have mentioned, the Alpine Type-R's are an option and I have seen many people very happy with them.
I quite like the performance and sound quality of the Hertz HSK-165's and would stretch my budget a bit further to buy them over the Type-R's.

Whatever splits you end up buying, the quality of the installation will play a big part in the final result. Remember that a system is only as good as it's weakest link.