View Single Post
Old 25-08-2010, 01:46 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

FEI-STi_REX at standard level
Default Cosmetic Changes to my Piggy... Opinions?

Hey everyone...

The story goes;

I'm picking up some stuff from Rob at Ultrex within the next few days and then dropping it off to my Paint/Panel shop straight after. I'm really struggling with deciding what look to go for with my car and would really appreciate your opinions. One question of which is very similar to (Jordiee)'s thread made earlier.

I have;

A white Pig STI with stock rims in black and no boot wing, only the roof vane.

I'm getting a bigger bonnet scoop as well as a Chargespeed Style front lip too. Looking to paint the Bonnet Scoop black as well as the Bonnet and Front Lip too. I've always been a fan of the panda look and have decided that this is definitely the look I personally want for the front, that's no drama, it's the rear that has me scratching my head.

I was initially planning to;

1. Leave the two roof vane brackets white and paint the vane blade black (from standard gunmetal).
2. Fit tail-light tint (from American Dave's group buy)
3. Carbon Fibre Exhaust Shroud.
4. Paint the boot black and fit an STI wing and paint that white with the wing blade black.

Step 4 would finish the "Panda" look I want for my car... But then I thought, maybe I'd just leave the boot unpainted and only paint the wing blade black.

THEN...!

The missus was driving my car last night and driving behind her I loved the way the rear looked with no wing. I'm now thinking no wing with the boot black and tinted tail-lights would look nicer, but then I'm left with deciding whether I should keep the roof vane or get rid of it too as I've had a few friends comment that without the STI wing and with the roof vane that my car looks like a Wagon from some points of view.

I know that modifying is a game of individuality but this really has me confused and I don't want to do anything I regret and I think a few valuable opinions can help me in reassuring me that the decision I make would be one that doesn't ruin a perfectly clean Subaru.

Yes I know CSB. but you guys don't understand how much this would mean to me. Look forward to your opinions everyone, constructive criticism welcome!

Cheers,

Andrew.