Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-08-2010, 12:46 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

FEI-STi_REX at standard level
Default Cosmetic Changes to my Piggy... Opinions?

Hey everyone...

The story goes;

I'm picking up some stuff from Rob at Ultrex within the next few days and then dropping it off to my Paint/Panel shop straight after. I'm really struggling with deciding what look to go for with my car and would really appreciate your opinions. One question of which is very similar to (Jordiee)'s thread made earlier.

I have;

A white Pig STI with stock rims in black and no boot wing, only the roof vane.

I'm getting a bigger bonnet scoop as well as a Chargespeed Style front lip too. Looking to paint the Bonnet Scoop black as well as the Bonnet and Front Lip too. I've always been a fan of the panda look and have decided that this is definitely the look I personally want for the front, that's no drama, it's the rear that has me scratching my head.

I was initially planning to;

1. Leave the two roof vane brackets white and paint the vane blade black (from standard gunmetal).
2. Fit tail-light tint (from American Dave's group buy)
3. Carbon Fibre Exhaust Shroud.
4. Paint the boot black and fit an STI wing and paint that white with the wing blade black.

Step 4 would finish the "Panda" look I want for my car... But then I thought, maybe I'd just leave the boot unpainted and only paint the wing blade black.

THEN...!

The missus was driving my car last night and driving behind her I loved the way the rear looked with no wing. I'm now thinking no wing with the boot black and tinted tail-lights would look nicer, but then I'm left with deciding whether I should keep the roof vane or get rid of it too as I've had a few friends comment that without the STI wing and with the roof vane that my car looks like a Wagon from some points of view.

I know that modifying is a game of individuality but this really has me confused and I don't want to do anything I regret and I think a few valuable opinions can help me in reassuring me that the decision I make would be one that doesn't ruin a perfectly clean Subaru.

Yes I know CSB. but you guys don't understand how much this would mean to me. Look forward to your opinions everyone, constructive criticism welcome!

Cheers,

Andrew.
Old 25-08-2010, 05:20 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

I'd personally keep the whole bonnet black incl scoop rather than create a 'bitsa' car.

Whilst it will look cool for a bit, I'd suggest most people will think the car is unfinished if there is a black scoop on a white bonnet or white spoiler on a black boot etc.
Old 25-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

personally, having done the black bonnet black boot thing, I'd say to go the whole thing, as Kato mentioned, or don't do it at all. Personally, I think you car looks good as is.. the Chargespeed front will look good and make a good addition to your car. Maybe get one of the photo shop geniuses (Jimmy S) to do a chop for you with the different options...
Old 25-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Sir AntiLag

Latenitez at standard level

i feel a white boot with a wing painted fully black would look the tits as iv seen on a few evos and look great but to say that it was a evo which maybe they can only pull off, but to each his own, but might i suggest even drawing your car or like impressive said photo shop it and experiment with the scoop, bonnet and wing and play around with the colours and get a better image in your head from that if you can be bothered.

But good luck buddy and think you already have a sti they look the shit in the first place

Cheers Admin
Old 25-08-2010, 10:16 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

LOL thanks everyone;

Kato: I'd definitely be keeping the bonnet and scoop black as well as the front lip... Have decided against the wing now I think, I fell in love with the car with no wing and I think I'll just keep it in the shed just incase I get bored.

Kym: Thanks mate, I do remember your STi having the black boot and bonnet and one of my older cars had the same done and I loved it, especially with the black rims, it's just that sometimes I think my car is missing the wing, I may actually get some photochops done and test it out.

Latenitez: I'll agree with the EVO comment, 8MR's and 8/9's with their wings in black look the shiz but I think it's probably because of their body lines as well as their tinted tail-lights/headlights. Also, thanks for the kind comments!

I think where I stand now is I'll be doing the bonnet/scoop and lip and boot and roof vane all black and tinted tail-lights.

Will post up pictures next week once it's all done! Thanks for all the opinions guys, really do appreciate it, has definitely helped.
Old 25-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

I know my car aint a piggy, but this top shot shows near-enough black on white for the boot. De-winged too...

If you wanted the black bonnet, consider this sort of idea below. I had an all-black bonnet and everyone agrees this looks better, with just the middle painted along the natural lines of the bonnet.
Also painted the bottom of the front bar to match.

Just a shot showing it all in perspective. Get roof done? All just some visuals to help a little bit

Old 25-08-2010, 12:22 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Awesome! Thanks for the pictures Alex. The main problem with the Pig's bodylines is that the nose on the bonnet comes in quite narrow so it would be more like a "V" shape than a square so may not look as nice...

Definitely doing boot now hehehe but I don't think I'll be able to do roof because then I may do mirrors and if I do the roof I don't think I'd do the bonnet or the boot LOL. TOO MANY OPTIONS!!!
Old 25-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

p1nKcL0cK at standard level

mate,

i've always like the STI wing look on WRXs. my humble opinion (after seeing the pando look on some evos and even an integra) i think it looks great!

i'd say leave the vanes on + STI wing and go the white and black look as you described. cant wait to see the pics...

btw the integra i saw even had both front rims in white and both back rims in black. but it look good i thought.

ben
Old 25-08-2010, 07:08 PM
STI Master

Mike at standard level

Have you ever thought of vinyl wrap? It is probably cheaper and it's reversible if you don't like it/sell your car.
Old 25-08-2010, 07:21 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

....x2

Tags
cosmetic, opinions, piggy