Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > ECU Discussion > Other ECU Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Sir AntiLag

tropikal at standard level
Default Piggy Back ECU

As in for sale section, i am sellin a Apexi S-AFC2 piggy back for a friend,

I dont really know much about this product and was just wanted to know if they are any good for slight mods such as turbo, incjectors, fuel pump? whats the most gain that you could get (kw/hp) and are they commonly tuned for rex's (gc8 97). Im aware i could not compare it to a full ecu, but was just curious, Thanks
Old 11-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Changing the turbo isn't exactly a slight mod mate. Changing it will change air/fuel ratios at almost every single point on the rpm band. The piggy back you have mentioned can only do so much. In my honest opinion, the ECU is definitly something you want to spend the most you can afford on. The best bang for your buck for your GC8 would be an Apexi Power FC, could pick up for $1000 or less second hand when they pop up on Subaru forums. But be aware you should change the Air Flow Metre to a Nissan 300ZX item as it provides better tuning resolution. A cheaper option would be a Link or PossumLink ECU. There are at least 2 for sale on this forum at the moment. MUGGZ is selling one and the other is from GTR KEN (or similar) however I'm not sure if they will fit yours (I think they are for the MY99-MY00 models). This option allows you to delete the AFM from the equation altogether as it uses the MAP sensor in the inlet manifold. I don't think the AFM's on your model are as crap as the MY99-MY00 so it may be a mute point.

The fuel pump will have no bearing on the tune as it only allows you to provide more litres per hour to the engine. In 98% of cases abything rated to 500hp or 255l/hr is enough. At around $200 installed it is a good way to future proof your car for any mods.

As for the injectors, search up de-capped injectors. Changes your standard ones to 816cc which again is more than 98% of the people out there will ever need.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Sir AntiLag

tropikal at standard level

I see, the problem i seem to have is the "97" Model which narrows down some of the options of mine, Power FC... i was considering that a few months ago, i guess i will have to wait, like you said the more the budget the better the ECU, in your opinion what do you think about the VERSO re flash, is that another option for me..or should i just wait till i have enough cash to get a autronics LOL ( If they make models for 97 Wrx's).. But yea thanks for the info i really apreciate it! =)

Tags
back, ecu, piggy