View Single Post
Old 25-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

cameltoemcgee at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex View Post
You really have no clue......

Why do you own a subaru?? why not sell that car and give all the money to those less fortunate and catch a bus into work..

Your ideals are so flawed....
No buses run at the time i go to work, i could cycle i guess but it'd take me 2 hours and i'd rather not.

I'm well aware that i'm selfish to some extent, everyone is, i don't feel good about it sometimes but i'm removed enough from suffering to be able to put it out of my mind.
I'm not a saint, some people would say i'm a worse person than most because i'm well aware of whats going on but i choose to not let it effect my life. maybe i'm just justifying my own selfish existence but i think that fighting in the sense that i renounce my possesions and go and help the people or be an activist is not going to help in the long term, it doesn't change anyone who can make a difference's mind.
The people who can make a difference to how the world is run are the people in the developed countries who have the ability to choose who runs their country. So i keep trying to get through to them.
As i said before, if you can prove me wrong, please do. Show me the evidence, i'm not close minded, i think for myself and these are the conclusions i've drawn after all my research.