Thread: fixing lag?
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
It's physics.

Tube & Fin cores have better external aerodynamics than a bar and plate core, the external air flows around the tubes better. The internal air cools better, which means its denser.. which means less lag.

That being said, bar and plate suffers from heat soak less, due to its heavier construction, and internal surface area is larger which generally means less pressure drop through the core..

Its splitting hairs in a street or mild (>400WHP) application, but just FYI, the 08 STi TMIC has a massive surface (9,600 fins just on the surface layers on the front and back, not including the internal fin area), is cheap, and is worth giving a shot to see if it works better..

Either core needs a very good water spray setup to maximise the efficiency of it.

I'll be trying this shortly and I'm hoping for some decent results
Yeah i too cant see any gains to be had from switching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Still haven't seen proof that the PW TMIC is better than the STi TMIC too. Which was promised when they were first made.

Tbh, it makes sweet f.all difference in the applications most people are talking about. I'd be willing to bet both will act the same, which is why there is no 'proof' that one is better than the other.
I just wouldnt stuff around changing the TMIC for maybe 2rpm difference.

Also which is which with the graph you posted?