View Single Post
Old 29-09-2010, 06:29 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

the kiwi at standard level

I have an inept assistant.

The idea being that he will do my admin work so I can focus on the problem solving and billable work. He has been with the company 20 years so his actions today left me both frustrated and angry.

We were made aware that today we would have a fire drill, we were instructed to turn off our computers and stay at our desks until instructed otherwise once the alarm was sounded.

In the late afternoon the alarm did sound. I began to shut down my computer to my assistants cries of 'why bother, too hard. Will take too long to reboot'. I ignored him. I then turned around to my boss some 20 seconds later yelling at him to come back and return to his desk. The assistant had wandered off down the hall. I can only presume to investigate the alarm.

I must stress that at this point the 'hypothetical' danger source had not been broadcast so he could of been walking into danger. Worse, he could have opened a door which could of released fire/gas/other into the section of the building where we awaiting fire warden instructions.

The assistant ignoring instruction from bosses and the fire warden eventually wanders back. We then poorly evacuate the building.

I am angry because in a real danger situation this person could have put my life in danger.

I think this effort deserves 'fuktard employee of the day'.