View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum View Post
Thanks for the info, I'll check them out. There may be a higher power somewhere of some size but I definately do not believe in a God by the description of the bible and that by many religions. I personally think 'that' God was created to explain the unexplainable from many many years ago even through to today. Although a higher power could simply be other forces looking at us much how we observe wildlife through our documentaries.

@marc, watch the Stephen Hawking ones as they are aimed at the general population so anyone can understand. Its pretty good.
Always remember that the descriptions of "what is god" are simply narratives by others than "god".

My interest has been with the civilisations that existed before "the three sons of Abraham" - being Judaism, Christian and Islamic. See here as a brief example. These civilisations had buildings, language, science, etc that was lost long before we came along. Some of their knowledge of "space" was amazing. Construction techniques we can barely copy now.

The questions is, did they synthesise this knowledge, or did they get it from "out there"