View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvk7 View Post
I've used JE pistons in a rebuild of an '02 STi. I agree with Nauli, very quiet, just like OE. Steer clear of the ACL forgies, may have been poor clearancing by the machine shop but very rattly when cold.

Acl's are hyperuretic 'semi forged'....would not use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
Good call on the moderate power! Those gc8's are so light they dont need spastic power.

Subscribed.
I want to build the midrange punch more, hence the milder cams / tame turbo so I don't have to rev the guts out of it to get it moving.

This build will be slow going, I'm only budgeting to spend $600 a month towards it, so if it takes me 5 months to finish it so be it.

I will be documenting it though.

I still need to find a useable block & crank to get started, I can't order slugs or bearings until I know where I'm at with a shortblock.

I was considering doing an Rs block, but the added expense of having the block machined to take a later model rear thrust crank was off putting.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]