View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

gazlaz at standard level
Default Flat battery- Brant not reseting??

Hey guys, went away up north for 2.5 weeks and was assured my car would be driven so battery wouldn't go flat and cause issues. Got back today, found $150 RAC battery receipt on my bed and it now has issues.

Have tried resetting it as described in the Brandt PDF posted in another thread to no avail.

What it does:

-No red lights on when not in car/in car
-No red lights when ignition is turned on
-Engine turns but fuel pump doesn't prime when nothing is touched
-Press ANY button on the key pad and the fuel pump primes and the car can be started
-When car is switched off it either flashes *741, no lights or all lights turn on (seems to do these at random but mostly doesn't light up at all)

On one occasion (when i was leaving for my volleyball game) the fuel pump would prime when i pressed any button but when ignition was turned nothing would happen (no starter motor). This happened several times before I was running too late and had to take another car. When I tried it when I got back home it would prime and start at a press of ANY button as mentioned above.

I tried the wake up out of sleep mode where you disconnect battery, turn ignition on and reconnect battery, was able to get all the red lights on, entered my pin code and it flashed *741. I then held down 3 to put it into automatic mode. This process seems to have done nothing.

RAC report said flat battery had a voltage of 10.5V and they also used one of those small batteries in the sockets when changing batteries over. It's an MY02 wrx.

Hopefully some one can help/have suggestions/personal experience?

edit: Forgot to say, car seemed to be in valet mode when i first drove it this arvo so I turned ignition on/off till all uses were used up. Next time i tried to start it was when the fuel pump would prime but engine wouldn't turn.

Last edited by gazlaz; 08-12-2010 at 01:05 AM.