View Single Post
Old 15-12-2010, 09:15 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff
Default Drop in a 6 speed?

My WRX 5 Speed is feeling a touch notchy. Particularly when in first at 5500 or so and then try to push it into second(reasonably calmly, not flat shifting or anything) Otherwise it's fine. Not sure if my clutch could be the issue or not?

Would putting a brand new meaty clutch in fix this up? Or do you think it would more like be the synchro's getting worn?

I know the clutch is probably worn down a fair bit as it's the original with 150km on it, but it's not slipping at all, but does shudder every so often, so not sure if a new meaty clutch would get rid of it?

Just didn't want to spend $800 or so on a new clutch install to find the issue is still the same, to which that $800 could have gone into a 6 speed with a 6 speed clutch and such. What kind of cost am I looking at for a 6 speed conversion, - don't really need a complete R180 upgrade, just the box, shifter, in cabin bits etc.

The price of a second hand 6 speed is seemingly more than a brand new 207 with a few bits to go with it as well which is also a difficult choice

The box as far as i know has had a reasonably easy life, no drags, brutal launches, just 200kw.

What yas think.