View Single Post
Old 26-12-2010, 04:42 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

O.k...Here's a wee update......

First of all Thank's Andrew (1jnrwrx) for fucking me around for a day & 1/2 saying he was getting an engine hoist for me & then no showing TWICE....You are an unreliable twat!

Thanks Brent for doing a mission for me in the (non air conditioned) ute & coming all the way from woop woop to help me, Greatly appreciated mate!

I did a quick trip downsouth for Christmas with the family but came back this arvo to get stuck into my project.....

O.k here's where I left off Thursday night:

I headed to the shed at about 9pm & by 12 I was looking at this....

My very sad looking engine bay:
Wiring will be tidied up, bay will get a scrub whilst it's vacant

Ha ha I win! I fought the two bellhousing dowels for a solid three hours...I hate you & your seizing nonsense!

Don't see this end very often:

Safely on the stand

Stripping the old donk:

I had to remove a rocker cover to satisfy my curiosity & see if there was any sludge in the head after approx. 240.000km:

Clean as a whistle! (apart from where some wombat has tried to reseal a rocker cover leak with sealant).

Heads coming off Sunday night (tonight)!
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 22-12-2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: getting a day ahead of myself lol!