View Single Post
Old 31-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTETOREX View Post
But I must say he was totally cool about it and said he was just warning us because it's a $600.00 fine and the water police were everywhere.
My experiences with Water Police have always been good 'only ever been pulled up for random safety checks and once when my mate got drunk on the Swan and started chasing Seagulls '

Rangers are a different story though they always try to strike absolute fear into you by threatening to confiscate your boat for being 1 knot over when entering an estuary from extremely rough seas

inb4 do the crime pay the fine/you're lucky you didn't get fined/why complain etc as throttle response and boat reaction times are a lot different when sea level changes and you're trying not to get washed up into large rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX-REX View Post
All well and good, its just the point of if you cant make it out for like 10 hours, call at a decent time.
Surprisingly enough they bought the car.
Totally agree, its not as if you're going to hold off a potential buyer if someone makes an offer before hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTETOREX View Post
What shits me most is I see every Tom, Dick and Harry swilling beers in their boats out on the water and at the ramp, then hop in their cars and drive home.
Lol boat ramps, I've had some great experiences there, Best ones would be:

- One guy thought it would be smart to launch his boat through the middle of the ramp when both sides were full, making me have to dart over the front of our hull to stop its outboard piercing the hull;
- Watching someguy reverse his boat in at speed 'with all but a rope holding it to the trailer', when he jumped on the brakes to launch it, he wasn't fully down so we had the pleasure of watching the boat skim a little down the ramp and snap off the rope once it got tension; and
- Little kids taking boats off trailers, whilst dad stays in the car.

Last edited by mARC; 31-12-2010 at 08:51 AM.