Thread: In Ear Phones
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 11:07 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Tommosaurus at standard level
Default In Ear Phones

Ok, so it seems I have developed some sort of headphone addiction.

I never realised how much of a difference spending a little bit of cash can make to your ipod exerience.
I've always had a good set of cans for home use, but for my ipod i've only ever used the standard phones.
Those stupid ipod earbuds sound rubbish and never fit in my ears properly.
It wasn't until they broke that I tried some of the in ear phones, which create a proper seal.

My god what a difference. I just didn't think little phones could ever produce that sort of sound quality, especially bass.
I feel quite dissapointed that I didn't do this earlier as I've now realised I've been unnecessarily listening to shit quality music for years.

Now I've bought three bloody pairs and I want more.

What sets are you guys using?

I bought a pair of Sennheiser CX-300II's to start, then some Klipsch Image S4's and now some Monster Turbines.

Whilst I think the Monsters sound the best, the Klipsch sound very similar (maybe slightly more treble) but considering they were nearly half the price of the monsters they are much better value (mind you the monsters are still being "run in").

Has anybody ever had any experience with the much more high end phones?
Some of the Shures and Westones go for like $500+, which is just insane.
I mean are they really that much better?
The difference between $30 phones and $130 phones is huge, but does it get to a point where that extra cash actually makes that much difference?

I'm tempted to go for a slightly more high end phone (not 500 bucks worth) but maybe 200-250, even 300 if they are worth it. However I get the feeling that if I go too high end, I'm still going to be limited by my ipod.