View Single Post
Old 29-03-2011, 08:28 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

zmk at standard level
Default Why are WRX's so hard to sell?

Hey dudes,

As some people may have noticed there is a string of MY05-MY07 WRX's on the market that have been on carsales for months. I asked some of the people on Perth-WRX that are selling MY06/07 WRX's or STI's and they reckon that after weeks of having their cars on sale no one sensible enough to actually organise money for a car comes and has a look at it.

Is it the fact that no one can get a carloan for a car over 5 years old (not 100% sure if this is true) or because people assume they're trashed to death once they've hit that age? Even completely stock MY06 WRX's on carsales stick around for ages.

The guy who I purchased my MY06 WRX of said he had all sorts of fools come and try get a loan of him (pay the car of over 6 months or so) or just put in completely stupid offers.

I myself am looking to sell my WRX to upgrade to a newer model or switch up to something completely different later on in the year. Except at this point I'm wondering if I'll be selling the WRX before next year.

Has the market always been this bad or has something happened in recent times that has put everyone off Subarus ?

cheers