Thread: boost cut ???
View Single Post
Old 30-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

69terra69 at standard level

thanks mate this should keep me goin all day tommoro checking everything listed and i will update you how it goes.

--- did you chg the maf off a working car? did you try cleaning the maf with contact cleaner?

i am sure the afm i changed with is working unless it karked it from sitting for 3 months.

--- few guys here pointed to fuel. A faulty fuel pump will cause cut-off and eventually you will not be able to run the the engine. So chk the fuel pump. Also chg the fuel filter, could be clogged. Faulty injectors or clogged injectors are are, but u'll be very unlucky if it was.

im sure the fuel pump is fine its brand new.i do have another fuel filter i can chuck in.

--- any leaks down the up-pipe and manifold. might affect the O2 sensor which will then cause the ecu to counter the leak by making the engine run rich. This can then foul the plugs. Is it blowing black smoke out of the exhaust?

i dont think the up pipe is leaking but if i remeber correctly when i changed plugs the other day the 2 closet to the fire wall were very black.