Thread: MY11 Sti
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 11:18 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Discobay at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
I've never driven a v8 before that day and now know why people say once you drive a v8, u will never want to go back to a 4 cylinder car (or a 6 cylinder for that matter)! Again, I was so close to buying a 2011, Hazard Yellow GTS but decided to do more research on V8's and thank God i did because that was when I discovered the latest FPV Coyote 5.0L supercharged V8 GT....I have had many cars in my life and i think this car is by far the best I have ever driven! I have never really like the look of Fords (and this one is no exception) but this engine is just to die for! The sound of the V8 is crazy...and when the whine of the supercharger and the crackling of the exhaust system comes in, it puts the biggest smile on your face...this thing is really, really quick!
Sounds great. Coming from a V8 all I would say is expect substantially higher fuel consumption. My daily commute didn't include enough freeway/highway driving to warrant keeping the SS and consequently was running at 18L/km. Maybe the current model SSs are better with AFM but I'm not sure the HSVs use this technology.