Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

which do you think I'm talking about?
Old 25-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlered View Post
sorry i fail at the internet

SUBARU IMPREZA Cars For Sale in Western Australia - carsales.com.au - carsales.com.au

a couple available according to carsales - most say semi auto... wasn't even aware they came in an auto

are they anything like DSG transmission on VW?
No.

They are a normal rubberband slush box.

Completely different animal to a DSG or SST box.
Old 25-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

mmmmm... DSG/TC-SST...

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 12-06-2011, 10:09 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

spider at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Are you saying a brand new DCT 135i for ~$70k?

I was damn close to buying a 135i over the Evo X, but the price back then was waay too high when 'standard' options were included.
Hi guys

Sorry I've been away for awhile....no the new DCT 135i was about $85k drive-away....and the MY11 Sti spec R was $75k...after a good think about it, we decided that the 2 door bimmer was just too impractical so we set our minds on getting the 4 door Sti.

So I went back to Subaru to do a deal...the dealer said the best price they could do the sti for was $74,500....like I said, I have NEVER paid anywhere near RRP for a brand new car ever...I understand there is a shortage of these cars but I was willing to pay no more than $74k for it and told the dealer I would think about...after 2 weeks of waiting, I really thought that the dealer would at least call me back to see where I was at with my decision but NO, not a single word from him!

I thought that was pretty bad customer service..i've been a loyal subaru customer for years and expected a little better from subaru..even if they didn't want to sell it for $500 less than what I wanted, I thought he could have called to see if I was still interested...to me, when subaru is desperate for business, they will go all out to try and get it...but when the demand is high, they don't really give a sh*t about u!!! If he had called me back, I think I would have bought the car from him.

Anyway, things happen for a reason...after I decided not to buy the sti, I shifted my thoughts to the dark side and test drove the new HSV E3 GTS (6.2L V8)...my first impression....WOW!!! I've never driven a v8 before that day and now know why people say once you drive a v8, u will never want to go back to a 4 cylinder car (or a 6 cylinder for that matter)! Again, I was so close to buying a 2011, Hazard Yellow GTS but decided to do more research on V8's and thank God i did because that was when I discovered the latest FPV Coyote 5.0L supercharged V8 GT....I have had many cars in my life and i think this car is by far the best I have ever driven! I have never really like the look of Fords (and this one is no exception) but this engine is just to die for! The sound of the V8 is crazy...and when the whine of the supercharger and the crackling of the exhaust system comes in, it puts the biggest smile on your face...this thing is really, really quick! Maximum torque of 570NM kicks in at something like 2200rpm and holds all the way to near redline! Its really a blast to drive and I am such a happy man right now!!

I signed up for one yesterday and hopefully if everything goes to plan...i will be having one of these beauties sitting in my garage on Monday evening

Thanks to Subaru for not taking my business seriously because I now have a car that is not necessary better..but different from what I've always known and loved.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:53 AM
STI Master

MattuZ at standard level
Send a message via MSN to MattuZ

good decision man those new fords are amazing
Old 12-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Gone for the manual or auto?
Old 12-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Did you go around any corners in it?

Congrats on the purchase!... They seem to be a monster motor with plenty of potential for more!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 12-06-2011, 11:18 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Discobay at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
I've never driven a v8 before that day and now know why people say once you drive a v8, u will never want to go back to a 4 cylinder car (or a 6 cylinder for that matter)! Again, I was so close to buying a 2011, Hazard Yellow GTS but decided to do more research on V8's and thank God i did because that was when I discovered the latest FPV Coyote 5.0L supercharged V8 GT....I have had many cars in my life and i think this car is by far the best I have ever driven! I have never really like the look of Fords (and this one is no exception) but this engine is just to die for! The sound of the V8 is crazy...and when the whine of the supercharger and the crackling of the exhaust system comes in, it puts the biggest smile on your face...this thing is really, really quick!
Sounds great. Coming from a V8 all I would say is expect substantially higher fuel consumption. My daily commute didn't include enough freeway/highway driving to warrant keeping the SS and consequently was running at 18L/km. Maybe the current model SSs are better with AFM but I'm not sure the HSVs use this technology.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:57 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

spider at standard level

Thanks guys

As good as the German ZF 6 speed auto is on the GT (its extremely smooth and is quicker in a straight line then the manual), I had to go the manual.

I know the GT will not handle anywhere as well as the Sti but i really purchased the GT for its pure rawness and grunt...plus i never track my car and will only be using it as a daily

The interior is also 10 miles ahead of the Sti so not only is it fun to drive, it feels alot more luxurious.

I know it will drink like a fish, but im not really concerned with that...its the price you pay for pure bliss and happiness

I will also keep my 09 rex as a second car...I now have the best of both worlds..a turbocharged and supercharged car!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:01 PM
STI Master

MY00GC8 at standard level

congrats on the new ford, i recently went in a fg xr8, and was absolutely blown away by how much better these are than the previous v8 falcons, absolutely awesome, the power was amazing

Tags
just buy that fakin car!!, my11, sti