Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

An Evo X MR is $80k RRP. You should be able to get one for around the $73-75k mark easily.
Old 14-05-2011, 09:03 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

spider at standard level

Hey All

I went and test drove the Sti and Evo X today and was very impressed by both. Both cars felt extremely fast – but the Sti was definitely more powerful of the 2. In addition to this, they both handled extremely well – I couldn’t differentiate one over the other.

The interior in the Evo won hands down..it was surprisingly very nice for a Japanese car – believe it or not, but it actually reminded me of an Audi (the model I drove was a MY11 GSR and is apparently a huge improvement over the MY10’s interior)

But the Sti completely smashes the Evo in the looks department thanks to it’s wide body and massive wing…it looked so much more mean and aggressive - the Evo didn’t look that much different from a $20k Lancer!

So for now, I am definitely leaning towards the Sti…however, the drive away price of a spec R is $73,574.35 or $74,639.35 with recaros. The price for the Evo is $69k flat.

The Mitsu dealer told me the price on the Evo is negotiable and seemed keen for my business but the Subaru dealer was rather unenthusiastic about a potential sale….he didn’t even ask for my contact details! This tells me that the demand on the Sti’s is extremely high and they are not willing to budge from the RRP. In addition to this, the wait for one is late August so I don’t think an end of Financial year sale is going to make any difference on an Sti purchase.

I now have the option of purchasing a WR Blue - delivery date August or buy a gun metal grey immediately at the full RRP. I hate buying things at RRP..especially a new car!! So I have decided to wait and see if a good deal will come around...anyway, I have booked in for a test drive with a 135i on Wednesday night so I might be able to get a good deal on one of those.

Cheers
Scott
Old 14-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
the Evo didn’t look that much different from a $20k Lancer!
There's no amount of like I could add to this comment that would do it justice
Old 14-05-2011, 09:56 PM

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

I was in at Subi OP today. I have to wait until August for my MY11 too. I would have taken the grey one now, but you are right, buying a car at RRP is never a good thing! However, you will find Subaru, at this current time, with the situation out of Japan etc, will NOT budge.
Old 15-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

A little of topic but I buy quite a few Toyota's and they have been told not to sell anything for less than full retail ATM because they cant get stock to replace it.

i.e. Hilux production is currently at 30% of pre earthquake levels.

Brendon
Old 15-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Luigi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Luigi

I would go STI all the way, but the BMW if you have the extra cash.
Old 15-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV View Post
I was in at Subi OP today. I have to wait until August for my MY11 too. I would have taken the grey one now, but you are right, buying a car at RRP is never a good thing! However, you will find Subaru, at this current time, with the situation out of Japan etc, will NOT budge.
august! wow, i wonder how long till the new wrx and sti sneak out then.

Long live the WRC
Old 15-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Banned

charlie89 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
Hey All

The interior in the Evo won hands down..it was surprisingly very nice for a Japanese car – believe it or not, but it actually reminded me of an Audi (the model I drove was a MY11 GSR and is apparently a huge improvement over the MY10’s interior)
The MY10 interior is identical to the interior of the MY11 Evo's.. Not sure what garbage the salesperson was telling you

Only difference is the MY11 has electric side mirrors, and auto windows.. Plus the GSR's interior IMO is shit compared to the new MY11 STi, but the MR EVO is on par with the Spec R.

Last advice I can give is if you go back to the Evo X do not buy from Paceway Mitsubishi (Sh*t Service Period....)
Old 15-05-2011, 08:42 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Rex at standard level

even though mine may not be a wrx :P i got the gun metal grey i love the colour. its alot easier than black to keep clean but the metalic does show little scratches, ive noticed just behind the door handles there are little scratches from where my nails (and my nails arent long or sharp) have touched the paint. they come out easy enough and ive avoided doing that. but other than that it is a very nice colour! esp at night the dark grey just looks amazing
Old 15-05-2011, 08:44 PM

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna View Post
august! wow, i wonder how long till the new wrx and sti sneak out then.
I think it's possible that they may be delayed... there is a back order on MY11's across Australia from what I am told

Tags
just buy that fakin car!!, my11, sti