View Single Post
Old 23-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

niak75 at standard level
Default Worn clutch pedal

heyas,

i have a MY08 WRX with a problem with the clutch. the pedal itself.

At first i thought it was just adjustment, but after taking it for a service i was told that the pedal itself was worn. Where the pin goes through the pedal is worn into a jellybean shape causing lots of play in the pedal. the engagement point is 1/2 way in now and it sticks after engaging where i have to put my foot behind it to bring it back up, very annoying to drive.

the guys at STechnic quoted me ~$300 for a pedal plus labour, but suggested that i take the car into the dealer for warranty. i met with Brad down at city subaru who initially told me it should be a warranty job.

after waiting for his call for 2 days then chasing him up, he has told me that the pedal isnt covered because its worn due to the clutch itself being worn and getting heavier then wearing the pedal itself. im not buying it. i said "that isnt good enough" he replied with "that is good enough" cheeky shit.

i spoke with subaru and they were going to call brad and discuss and call me back, havnt heard back from them yet.

not sure if this is worth pushing, i have read many threads on US sites about problems with the whole assembly breaking at the welds causing problems with the pedal, but not sure if that affects the RHD cars.

should i just get a aftermarket pedal and maybe clutch be done with it, what do you think ? the car has done 66600 kms