Thread: New Clutch
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 07:59 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

WRX_4eva92 at standard level
Default New Clutch

As of a car cruise last night, i have now blown my clutch.

It first happened at around 9pm, i didnt hoon around a corner, i just took off, then the clutch pedal stuck in half way, and it was kind of hard to change gears. i pulled out of the cruise and got it unstuck, from then on, changing from 1st to 2nd to 3rd, everytime it changes, the clutch rattles and shakes the car (kind of like bunnyhopping it) it got worse, then got better.

I also noticed that from 3rd through to 6th, it ran like it does every otherday, however, changing down from 6th all the way to 1st, the clutch/gears rattle a little bit. Finally, at 1:30am, after keeping up with the cruise and nursing it as much as possible, i took off from a meet point and it wouldnt let me change up or down gears, it was just stuck in neutral.

I then turned the car off, and could put it into 1st, then started the car with the clutch out originally, then pushed it in as the car lurched foward when i turned the key over. This made the car drive again with the bunnyhops.

I got about 3km from there, on my way home, and at the traffic lights, it blew completly, the car wont even start when it is in neutral. I got it towed to my house etc etc.

So what im getting at, is i'm going to get a heavy duty clutch put in, but im asking for advice on what brand/tweaks or whatever, and prices/places to get it installed from. Im hoping to get it back on the road before satuday.

Help would be greatly appreciated, thankyou