View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 12:38 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

My happy factor has increased somewhat now, I drove the car for most of today, it's pretty damn quick for a daily......I can worry about the clutch later on, there was no sign of slip at all today & trust me, I tried to make it let go.....

I have achieved what I set out to do from the start of this build:

1. Build up a strong bottom end within my budget that will take some abuse
2. Build something that is 'snappy', responsive & relatively lag free
3. Find the limits of the stock components (Injectors & ignition)
4. Create a safe map...that makes reasonable power - safely
5. Aim for & achieve around 280-300 Hp within my original budget

282hp on stock 440's lol....who'd have thought?!

Now the teething (ignition) troubles are over I'll start to work out which direction to take it from here.... It'll need a clutch once I take it up another notch (I still haven't done the Td0X-xx yet).....let the saving/spending begin again ha ha!

There is more to come but I've achieved the initial goals I set myself at the outset....Anything more from this point on is a bonus....And there will be more!

I sort of hope this has given some of you guys the incentive to 'roll your own' too.

I need to thank a few crew - without the following people's help I would have been sunk in the water at one stage or another:

Stacey (Tuna) - Supplying me a re-buildable semi closed 207 block
Dougie (Dtrally/Stechnic) - Suppling me suitable heads & flywheel - not to mention your priceless advice
Neil Herbert (The Engine Exchange) - Machining, clearancing & assembly of the long block
Brent (SleepR) - Lugging, lifting, hoisting & general helping out - greatly appreciated mate!
Rob (Prototype) - Help, advice & coil packs
Darren (Rubberbudgie)- Supplying me the Vf34
Gav (STi325v6) - Bouncing ideas off & comparing builds (& results)
Mao & Warick (Evolution R) - Supplying Dyno time & diagnostic advice
Gordon - Suppling & surviving playing the Vega boys in my shed

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone!

I'd also like to thank JC at Real Street Performance in the US of A - Epic customer service, rapid shipping & happy to source non stocked Oem Subaru Parts - Also they are still offering all Pwrx members 10% discount off their webstore pricing (code - PerthWrx)

Epic post is EPIC!
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]