View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 06:55 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Julian84 at standard level

So, how do you blokes do your burger patties?
Ive sortof come up with this recipe, from others

800g Minced beef (quality isn't really an issue here. I've used 3 star and "angus". with good results.

One whole egg
1 tsp of paprika
2 cloves of fresh garlic (crushed and chopped)
1 tsp of cumin
1 cup of finely grated FRESH parmesan (i cant imagine this would taste good with that dried crap) Ps. sometimes I use more than 1 cup
Pepper to taste

This should make 4 BIG patties suitable for Large turrkish bread rolls (which i will cover in garlic butter and give a quick toast over the flames)

I usually mix all this up in a large bowl by hand. Then I let it stand, before flame grilling on the bbq

At this point, (while the grill is heating up) I will prepare some balsamic caramelized red onions.
I reccommend using one medium sized red onion per burger.
For sauces I like to whip up a Grill'd inspired herbed mayo thyme, rosemary , basil, bit of garlic powder, whatever is laying around :P and a tomato relish (although i haven't found a good savoury one over the counter. Anyone know of any? And yeah, finely sliced tomato and possibly more fresh red onion FTW. I dont have any pics but will upload next batch.
I find these burgers to be somewhere between grill'd and Jus burgers in taste, and are VERY juicy especially if cooked correctly. Give it a shot, I dares ya!