View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 11:29 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

ewrxion87 at standard level

kato - cheers for the information.... so softer is better for the road and stiffer is better for the track...in a nutshell ?

yes...track would have been better but like i say i wasnt hooning...anyways i was back from upnorth for 2 days only and needed to try and sort this out...

looks like il go and see wa suspension again and get them to adjust it accordingly... if softer is what i need il just adjust the dampening knob....
in terms of spring rate / rebound etc... thats well and truly above me so il need an expert to look at it. swaybars are on the middle setting out of the three available...this is what my tuner set them at.

in terms of camber - what do you recommend others above have said -0.5 - 1.0 etc...
is changing the dampening knob enough...or does spring rate and rebound all different things to be taken into account...in terms of an adjustment i can do...would dampening be enough ? IYO

im listening to everyones opinions as they are all valid from my angle.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Thread has had a bit of a tidy...

Good to see you tested this out at the track, not on public roads... As being a dipshit on public roads does not go well around here

It sounds like your setup is completely stuffed.

If you are taking corners, you want camber on your tyres. This allows the tyre to have more contact area with the road whilst cornering.

You want your suspension to be quite soft actually. I have gone down the path of having rock hard, moob shaking suspension and it is not faster or better. On a smooth track surface, yes you can go harder. On road surfaces, stiff = bump = more chance of tyres leaving contact with the road.

Your alignment needs to be looked at. To be honest, anyone letting a Subaru out with no camber adjustment is silly. I would also look at your stiffness settings for the front and rear sway bars. What was your final toe setting and castor settings too? These also play a massive role in cornering.

Tyres will be a factor. 205 width isn't helping in wet conditions. Also a tyre that is sex in the dry can be shit in the wet, so do some research on that.

Basically everything you do, you want to have the maximum tyre contact area whilst in the corner. Tyre off the ground or not fully on the ground = more chance of slip happening.

P-West TMIC / ecutek / HF CAI / Turbosmart / Apexi / Federal / 19psi / bc racing & whiteline / Perrin Performance / Rays