Thread: Photo Gallery
View Single Post
Old 26-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

So I went out East in the wee hours of this morning (left home about 1:30 am) to try to get some shots of Comet Lovejoy.

I found 2 spots that gave me a decent view, both within about 10 -15 km this side of York.

The first location gave me a bonus of this (appologies! this is my first attempt at layering multiple frames):

The vertical streak is the tail of Comet Lovejoy, the linear segments are the International Space Station passing through my field of view. What a bonus!

I took the shots as best I could but I wasn't quick enough to be able to capture enough frames to make the ISS's trajectory 1 solid line....Oh well, next time!

Quite happy with the resultant composite of the 4 frames I got....damn it's hard to get a sharp manual focus under zero light conditions!!

I lit the hay crop in the foreground with a hand held led torch just for effect.

From the second location I found, I think this is the best shot I took of the Comet's Tail:

A very dusty Version 6 under the 'Saucepan' at first light:

[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 26-12-2011 at 08:53 AM.