Thread: The News Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwrxwagon View Post
As per facebook - 99% of people on this forum would have done something similarily stupid, whether it be a skid or putting doing 80% over the speed limit. Yes he's a muppet for getting caught and doing it , but fwy at 4am would have to be the best place to do it short of barbs.

Some people both on here and on the facebook Perth-wrx page need to remember what it was like to be a teenager - and get the fuck off their high horse.
Point missed entirely, not singling you out, you made some valid points....I'm not on a high horse, here's some facts that you can't ignore:

When I was a teenager a high powered car was an '89 vl 5 litre....It made a whopping 122kw (9.5 0-100) in stock trim & the VL turbo made 150kw (7.8 0-100) stock.....Both weighing in just shy of 1400KG.....Even a VS v6 has more power (147KW 8.9 0-100) than the Vl V8.........And neither were cheap enough for teenagers to buy back in say 1995. (I'm not Holden bashing but using them to clarify my point)

A stock $8k (at todays used price) 94 wrx makes 155kw (7.4 0-100) with a dry weight of 1225 kg.... and it only takes $1k to make 20-30% more power. So for a total of about $9k you have a car that is much quicker than vehicles that P plater's had access to 5-10 years ago at the same age/experience level.

You can't argue that todays cheap used cars aren't in another league power to weight wise & there lies a big part of the problem.

Higher stock power + same in experienced young drivers = bad outcomes.

Todays P platers can arrive at the scene of an accident much faster than the majority of P platers from the pre-2000's, it's that simple.

The original topic was young people being caught 80+ kays over the limit & that's simply a stupid risk..... But the bigger issue is readily available high power for low $$ v's inexperience.

Lower the available power & reduce their risk. It works in most other states so why not here?

How many times do you hear about a young fella losing it on the freeway in their later model commodore, falcon etc ? Way too often.

I'm just stating my opinion in this open forum........ feel free to rant at me
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 08-01-2012 at 02:08 PM.