Thread: The News Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
John - there is a big difference between saying the road is or isn't safe compared to condoning doing that speed.

The slightly older Tj would suggest you don't do it there. I still maintain that stretch is as safe as anywhere you will find on perths roads to give it a squirt. Once you clear roe there is 2km before you see another onramp. Plenty of time to get on it and then back off. There are no roadworks there and there are none coming up after it and you know it so your maybes are bullshit.

Your personal view is clouding the fact that a wrx is designed to do that speed and that road can handle it.

Like I said I still wouldn't recommend it these days.

End of the day neither of these two kids died so it says something. Actually I think the last death on that stretch of road was a motorbike rider who got squashed at low speed by a truck.
Lay down the crack.

My maybe's are bullshit? You drive this stretch daily at all hours? The amount of suprises I've had there at a 'safe' time of 2am is unreal.

The road can not handle it. Wake up, this isn't a road engineered like a German Autobahn. It's a piece of shit gravel road covered in some black tar.

I would also suggest you drive past and check how much road there is between on and off ramps. It would only be 1km. Now you think it is perfectly safe to blat down here at nearly twice the legal limit? Personally drive a few more kms south and have a blat between Russell and Anketell. That would be 100 times safer.