View Single Post
Old 27-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Scoobie Noobie

timrclarke at standard level
Exclamation MY01 Overheating?

Edit Again: Mechanic has checked it out. No leaks, no damage, reckons it was probably just airlocked (bled and replaced coolant in radiator/reservoir tanks).
Ran for 15 minutes, kept normal temperature, fans cut in, was fine idling, no black smoke from exhaust etc.

Looks like I dodged a bullet *wipes brow*
Must remember to start checking reservoir coolant levels each time I re-fuel now.

Edit: Car cooled down enough for me to open the radiator cap. Bone fucking dry. Not a single drop of coolant in my engine.

So I have a 2000 MY01 WRX right.

I had the timing belt replaced a week or 2 ago along with the rest of the kit that goes with it so they had to have done a coolant change.

Yesterday I was driving and I noticed that my temperature gauge was chilling above red line, was a stifling hot day yesterday and I didn't really think much of it.
Same thing happened today, within minutes of starting the car and driving halfway through the block, temperature gauge hit the ceiling.

Now I'm not very car savvy but I know that this is very wrong and shouldn't be happening especially if it has new coolant. (I haven't checked the radiator tank yet but the reserve tank was completely empty. Could it be that the mechanic put the wrong coolant in and it's corroded or something? Did he just not put enough in? He fuck the radiator?

I'm want to go buy some Subaru OEM coolant tomorrow but not really sure where to buy it, any stores you can suggest?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,
Timmy

Last edited by timrclarke; 30-01-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: update