Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Clutch is in!

Initial thoughts?

No harder to drive than a full organic clutch
The initial 'bite' is very progressive.
There is no clutch shudder at all
There's no overrun noise, actually there's no noise from it at all.

One issue I did have initially was the clutch friction point being too low (like 15mm off the floor), the old clutch was like this also, I knew it wasn't air in the system now (as I thought it was) - it was bled today......HMM how to fix?

The fix was a simple adjustment of the clutch pedal push rod:

You can see the clutch pedal upper stop in this picture as well as the clutch adjustment rod. This component goes through a boot in the firewall and connects to the clutch master cylinder. The rod can be turned left or right to alter the point of clutch engagement above the floor, longer = higher friction point - Shorter = lower friction point.

The friction point is now 1/3 the way up from the floor...Woohoo!

But why was this adjustment required?..........Lightened flywheel!

The lightened flywheel is thinner than the stock one - effectively moving the clutch fork pivot point & the pressure plate further apart, which in turn requires slightly more 'stroke' at the master cylinder to return the pedal to a 'normal' feel.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 01-05-2012 at 08:05 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:
jasonmurray (01-05-2012), joshrx (29-11-2014), RUSSGT (01-05-2012)