Thread: Solar Power
View Single Post
Old 21-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Scoobie Noobie

iced77 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete gopal View Post
These days getting huge systems isn't as good as it used to be. Correct me if I'm wrong but the buy back price is equal to the sell price, hence getting a decent 1.5kw system (as thats where most of the rebate goes to) makes more sense I reckon.

On that note, anyone can hook me up to a good 1.5kw system, I will install the same system on 3 houses and pay in cash (if that helps)
Yup. You have to get a system to cover the power usage that you use during the day. All additional units get fed into the grid and you get 7c a unit. It used to me 47c and then 27c.

So it only makes sense to get a large system if you are at home during the day to use up all the power generated by your solar panels. You don't want to generate any excess and get 7c for it. There's no incentive to do so.

I had a 3.7kW system installed April 2011 thru Infinite Home Energy and so far so good. They also did my parent's place which had some minor issues. They came back and had it sorted so I am quite happy with them. The other guys that get positive mentions on Whirlpool Forums is GSI Solar.

My wife's cousin went via Solar Harness and they had all sorts of issues with them.