Thread: Front bumper
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2012, 05:07 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Spence at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mARC View Post
Totally agree thats why I added a clear explanation of work undertaken for the price needs to be made. We have gone from what could be classified as a re-coat to a full blown restoration.

I think it would be safe to assume that Spence has included cost of parts/repair work/overhead into the equation 'as have I', as its rather pointless to respray a car if its not reasonably straight 'this is of course dependant on the situation', to which I understand you're also aware.

If you wanted to go into the more extreme side of things, speak to someone who has had a respray done in harlequin paint. The materials costs were 'at one stage/unsure now', approximately $1k per litre.

I would say your figures are pretty good IMO.
yes i was considering all over heads and parts and repairs. the harlequin paint is now at 990 dollars per 600 mls, sorry that you guys seem to think 10 grand is expensive, but when you actually work in the trade or have been involved with the trade, you would see how much work,time, effort, and money(by money i mean, sandpaper and plastic etc) gets spent on the jobs.. sorry once again..